The popularity of triple play services and the increasing amount of high quality video content has created the need for increasing amounts of bandwidth in the last mile. This has led to the proliferation of fiber closer and closer to the customer, with technologies GPON, GE-PON and Point-to-Point Ethernet in the first mile enabling high bandwidth at lower costs.
If you are an equipment manufacturer building equipment to target this market, whether remote DSLAM's, Multi Service Access points, GPON OLT's and ONT's, nGIN offers you the expertise and skills to help you develop your solution faster and more cost effectively.
nGIN offers a full palette of skills in this domain to provide complete end-to-end software development/testing services
- GEPON or Ethernet PON, Ethernet in the First Mile based on IEEE 802.3ah
- ITU-T G.984 based GPON (Gigabit PON)
- GPON encapsulation method
- Multicast - IGMP/IGMP Proxy/snooping, PIM-SM/DM, BiDir PIM, MSDP
- QoS for Triple Play Services – IP DSCP, p-bits, Scheduling, Policing
- IP Routing, OSPF, RIP, ISIS for Ipv4/IPv6
- PPP, PPPoE, PPPoA
- AAA/Policy Management, RADIUS, COPS
- Security, IPSec, IKE, SSL
- Management – SNMP, CLI
- High availability – SAF forum, OpenAIS/HPI
In addition to the above skills, nGIN has the experience of working with the leading network processors/packets processors, and has developed data plane software for both pipelined as well as multicore architecture based processors.