EzTest is a comprehensive Test Automation and Management tool, which enables increased automation early in the testing cycle,thereby reducing effort and operational costs and helps to take the product to the market faster.
EzTest is currently targeted at the Telecom/Data communication market, and can add significant value to the testing lifecycle of Originial Equipment Manufacturers, ODM's, Stack vendors and chip manufacturers in this domain.
EzTest provides around 40% reduction of effort over traditional automation methods, and the cost/effort savings will be more when you consider the seamless workflow management that EzTest provides. This ensures a positive return on investment within the first year itself.
EzTest offers the following key advantages for automation:
1) Accelerated scripting by Auto-completion, Input parameter validation and Automatic script generation in Tcl/Tk. EzTest provides an automate-as-you-test capability because the tester needs to do the same thing, i.e., enter configuration commands for various devices, that she would do when testing manually.
2) Regression testing and test suites for performance, scalability etc, can easily be created and maintained by grouping relevant test cases in the required order. The test suites can then be scheduled to run periodically
3) MACRO/Procedure support allows for creation of a modular script library, reducing redundancy and allowing for faster creation of additional test cases
4) Any existing scripts can be imported into the tool, either as a test case or a MACRO, for maximise reuse
5) EzTest provides seamless workflow management by automatic updation of test case results, thereby allowing for any stakholder to quickly get details of each test case run. All relevant details such as logs are easily retrievable for later analysis. Testers can concentrate on their testing, and not be worried about updation of reports, or maintaining relevant log files.
6) Managers can plan and schedule the test case automation and execution from their own login. At any point of time, Managers can get a real-time view of the progress of the project through a variety of reports, including
1. Dashboard – For a quick snapshot of the project progress
2. Detailed reports on completion progress, bugs status etc searchable by module, tester or date
3. Progress on a weekly/daily format to track progress and ensure consistent loading of team
4. Regression/test suite execution status reports
5. Custom reports can also be generated based on the needs of the customer
7) Being a web-based application, EzTest can work across multi-site teams, and can provide a transparent view of the progress of the project to the management at the customer site
In addition, some advanced roadmap features are also being planned which will further enhance productivity, improve product quality and reduce costs.
GUI Capture/Replay Capability
Automated GUI testing with record and replay feature
Optimized Test bed design
Automated test bed generation given multiple topologies
Lab Hardware Utilization/optimization
Lab utilization statistics to enable better management
Automatic Detection of test-beds
Detection based on SNMP/LLDP and automatic test-bed verification
Optimized Lab Management
On the fly Test Bed Creation using Layer 1 switches
Support for other scripting languages
Support planned for Python, Perl etc
To know more, please download the product brochure from here