nGINís ASN gateway is a comprehensive software product, currently targeted at Fixed WiMax deployments, later evolving to Mobile WiMax. nGIN has created a flexible, scalable and extendable solution that facilitates the operatorís transition from fixed to nomadic to mobile WiMax and roll out the network in a phased cost-effective manner.
nGIN ASN Gateway features:
Supports EAP-TTLS protocol for user and device authentication. Standard RADIUS protocol is used for carrying EAP messages to AAA server.
- Data Path Function
Creates data path using PBT based tunneling towards R6 interface i.e between BS and ASN gateway.
- DHCP Proxy/Relay
DHCP Proxy / Relay for helping in managing the IP address.
- Key Distributor
Holds MSK and PMK and calculates the per-base station AK, and transfers to BS
via Context Transfer Protocol.
- Service Flow Authorization
Evaluates any service request from user with user QoS profile downloaded from the AAA server and authorizes the service.
- Virtualized QoS Manager
Manage the Service Flow creation and deletion based on Connection admission controller. This is a virtualized module and instantiated for each BS. It allows subscriber policy-based connection admission and differentiated QoS (per user/per flow/per application) levels ensuring advanced subscriber management. Also, MEF aligned service level assurance is supported by monitoring the Service Flow.
- Management System
User friendly CLI commands for the ASN gateway. Also, policies are enforced after obtaining the configuration profiles from the AAA server.
The ASN Gateway can be deployed as a combined ASN-CSN Gateway in a box.
The following figure shows a typical deployment scenario.
- ASN gateway
nGIN adds value to your WiMax deployment with
- QoS Manager, which, in addition to application based flow control, can provide standard interfaces to the Policy Decision Function in 3GPP, WiMax and Fixed line Networks
- Next generation Carrier Ethernet capabilities using PBB-TE
- CLI Wizard/Framework for Rapid development of customized CLI
- EzTest, a Test Automation & Management framework
- Enable applications such as VoIP, Video Conferencing, Surveillance etc using interface to Application Server in OpenIMS
- Experience with leading Network/Packet processors such as Broadcom, Intel, Agere, Bay Micro etc